Colatron – Step Towards The Light
Man, has it really been 6 months since I last featured Colatron (and Fissunix)? Well, I guess so, it was the end of summer and they had just put out their mashups utilizing a key Jean Pierre Taieb sample. Step Towards The Light follows that same style (minus the Jean Pierre Taieb), but the relaxing mashup format that he has created in the past. This time, the samples include Moderat’s Les Grandes Marches, Ellie Goulding’s Lights, and samples from “The Day I Died” the 2002 British Documentary about near-death experiences. That’s it! Colatron introduces a translucent state of mind with his productions – I think that is quite possibly the best way to put it! We are happy to be featuring Colatron (of Birmingham, Britain) again for another International Tuesday and we can’t wait to hear more!
Another guy that we haven’t talked about in quite some time would be Brazilian DJ, Lonczinski, that made a remix for his girlfriend’s birthday six months ago. He just dropped a Progressive House remix of Paramore’s That’s What You Get. Lonczinski‘s remix includes some high energy, it also keeps a relatively low-key vibe throughout the majority of the remix. It’s mostly towards the end that it gets a little high on the EDM side, but otherwise it closely fits with what Colatron tried to accomplish with his.
- J.Rabbit – Tequila (Remix)
- NONONO – Pumpin Blood (The Jane Doze Remix)
- MashMike – The Royals From Liverpool
- Mashup-Germany – Hey (What does the fox say)
- Can I get Witcha Love Club (Carter Mashup) [Lorde x Biggie]
- Titus Jones – Closer to Kissing Fun Girls
- Wolfgang Gartner – Shrunken Heads (Butch Clancy Retwerk)
- DJ Tuto – Lights (Steve Angello vs. Krewella vs. Zedd)
- Euan Cross – Show Me Boom!
- Bruneaux & 3LAU – Captivate The Light