Ellie Goulding – Figure 8 (Xilent Remix)
I figured it was about time that we change up the feel of Throwback Friday. Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the Rebirth of a Mashup artist just as much as the next guy. But when I was on my Wobble Wednesday hunt, I found an excellent Dubstep producer that I knew I had to share. Xilent (of AudioPorn Records) was born in Warsaw, Poland and currently resides in the UK; in 2011, he was nominated for the “Best Newcomer Producer” by the Drum and Bass Arena Awards. I really enjoy the remixes he has available on his SoundCloud account. First off, there is his remix of Ellie Goulding’s Figure 8. It has a fantastic build up with some sick beats and of course, it has the drop. A few drops at that. This is an official remix for Ellie Goulding by the way – or at least it is now, as it is featured on her SoundCloud account.
Another remix that you need to hear is about 6 months old, he took on Katy Perry’s Wide Awake. Another Dubstep remix with a good build, and based on what we’ve come to know about Xilent so far is that we know the bass is coming. That excitement increases with anticipation the longer you wait and all of a sudden the bass hits. It’s one of those that you can sit back, take in and just enjoy.
Purchase on iTunes: Ellie Goulding – Figure 8 (Xilent Remix)
Katy Perry – Wide Awake (Xilent Remix)
- Titus Jones – Closer to Kissing Fun Girls
- Wolfgang Gartner – Shrunken Heads (Butch Clancy Retwerk)
- Bruneaux & 3LAU – Captivate The Light
- Ricky Cervantes – Better Days (Ellie Goulding vs. Outkast vs. Vanderway)
- Colatron – Step Towards The Light
- Gramatik – Bluestep
- DJ Topsider – Polyphonic (Usher vs. Audien…)
- Chlöe Howl – No Strings
- FrankCarmine – The Night Alive (Hardwell vs. Usher vs…)
- Bad Boy Bill, Sephano & Torio ft. Na Palm – Roam The Night