Beef Samples – DJ Burnout
It’s been far too long since our last DJ Burnout feature. About a month ago, he dropped an eight track ‘party pack’ filled with mashups, called “#BOOBS“. I have a few easy favorites from the set list, starting off with Phat Girls which takes samples from Ludacris, Steve Aoki, and Dimitri Vegas. It flows great into another favorite of mine, Collapsing Crush, which showcases Eminem’s lyrics over a Knife Party remix of Nero’s Crush on You. But the track that really draws me in is the mega mashup that Burnout calls Beef Samples. It has eight samples over the span of three and a half minutes, including the likes of Afrojack and Steve Aoki, Pitbull, Ludacris, Dada Life, Daft Punk, Calvin Harris, and Empire Of The Sun. It’s got that great intro from Teenage Crime by Adrian Lux too.
More recently, 2 days ago – to be exact. DJ Burnout dropped a few more mashups. Three different mashups, one with the Beastie Boys, another with some heavy Rihanna influences and then my new favorite (even though, I was initially annoyed by the song Put It In My Video) which places the spotlight onto Childish Gambino. If it was his acapella alone, it wouldn’t do anything for me; but it’s the Kill The Noise – Alvin Risk remix that takes it over the top. That is the beauty of the mashup, taking two or more samples to heighten each other to their true potential. Or using the strengths of one to boost another.
- Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams – Get Lucky
- Titus Jones – Closer to Kissing Fun Girls
- Travis Trax Presents: Trax Certified Episode #50 LIVE SET
- Wolfgang Gartner – Shrunken Heads (Butch Clancy Retwerk)
- DJ Tuto – Lights (Steve Angello vs. Krewella vs. Zedd)
- Euan Cross – Show Me Boom!
- Bruneaux & 3LAU – Captivate The Light
- Hermitude – HyperParadise (Flume Remix)
- The Early Mourning – Until The End (Rihanna vs…)
- Ricky Cervantes – Better Days (Ellie Goulding vs. Outkast vs. Vanderway)