Interview Series: DJ Drip Drop
Drip Drop, as some of you know, has quickly become one of my favorite underground artists in the past few months. He has been solidifying himself in the mashup industry as one of the up and coming artists to watch out for. Based out of Austin, Texas he is quickly becoming a household name in the South. We here at The Music Phoenix showcase artists from around the world each and every Thursday night with our good friends over at Mixify.com – which Drip Drop graced his presence with this past Thursday. He mixed and mashed as the crowd went buck wild during his hour and a half show. After the show I sat down with him and had time to ask him a few more personal questions.
Interview Series with JQNorman: Drip Drop
How did DJing on Mixify compare to live in a club?
Did you enjoy interacting with fans during your set and did that influence your set?
What got you into your style of DJing and how has it evolved over time?
Where do you see yourself in the near future for DJing?
If you couldn’t DJ anymore, what would you do instead?
What has been your favorite venue so far?
What is in the works for you right now?
Tell us the best road story you’ve had thus far.
Who’s your biggest influence right now?
- Titus Jones – Closer to Kissing Fun Girls
- Wolfgang Gartner – Shrunken Heads (Butch Clancy Retwerk)
- DJ Tuto – Lights (Steve Angello vs. Krewella vs. Zedd)
- Euan Cross – Show Me Boom!
- Bruneaux & 3LAU – Captivate The Light
- Hermitude – HyperParadise (Flume Remix)
- The Early Mourning – Until The End (Rihanna vs…)
- Ricky Cervantes – Better Days (Ellie Goulding vs. Outkast vs. Vanderway)
- Travis Trax Presents Trax Certified Episode #49: Dycom April Guest Mix
- Titus Jones – Lick Yr Daughter